Alkaline Stuffed Peppers
Alkaline Stuffed Bell Peppers, topped with Queso Cheese & Stuffed with Alkaline Chicken & Quinoa!
Looking for an easy dinner with leftovers from yesterday's nachos, stirfry, or roasted veggies? Make this delicious, low carb and delicious vegan keto meal that will satisfy the whole house!
Use any leftover veggies you have on hand from last night's dinner. You don't have to use zucchini - you can get creative.
Wild Rice is a great substitute for quinoa as well.
- 4 large bell peppers
- 1 cup of Queso Cheese from Taco Night Cookbook or other vegan cheese of choice (like the cheese from the Philly Cheesesteak Cookbook or the Alkaline Cheese in the Plant Taste Cookbook)
- 1 c of Alkaline Chicken from Taco Night Cookbook or another vegan meat substitute of choice
- 1 c of cooked quinoa
- 1/2 c of leafy greens of choice
- 1/4 c onions, diced
- 2 tablespoons garlic (or shallots), minced
- 1/4 c of vegetable broth
- 2 roma tomatoes, diced
- 1 zucchini, diced
- Olive oil
- Salt to taste
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Cut bell peppers lengthwise and remove seeds and the white membrane inside of the bell pepper. Set aside in a glass baking dish.
- Heat oil in a large skillet on medium high heat. Add the onions and cook softened. Add the garlic and zucchini and cook for another minute. Add in tomatoes. Season with salt and seasonings of choice and cook covered for another 3 to 5 minutes, or until all ingredients are cooked through. Add in your quinoa and alkaline chicken. Stir in half of the cheese sauce.
- Scoop the mixture into each bell pepper half and top each with the remaining cheese sauce. Top each pepper with a sprinkle of paprika and oregano or any other seasonings of your choice.
- To help steam and soften bell peppers, add a quarter to a half cup of water into the bottom of the baking dish.
- Bake peppers for 45 minutes, or until peppers reaches ideal softness.
- Enjoy with a side salad!