Your First Spiritual Bath: Everything You Need To Know
As important as it is to clean your physical body, it is important to cleanse your spiritual body on a regular basis. Spiritual baths are a powerful, but simple way to support your spiritual body, so you feel revitalized and connected.
Spiritual baths work to cleanse, reset, and restore your auric body. Soaking in or cleansing yourself with water blessed with things like intention, herbs, flowers, scents, roots, crystals, and salt on a regular basis can help support spiritual and energetic work you're already doing, or your introduction to spiritual and auric work.
Your First Spiritual Bath
When taking a spiritual bath, it’s always a good idea to first set your intention for the bath. If there is a specific feeling or attitude you want to invoke, that is your intention for the bath. If you are trying to release tension or negativity, that can also be your intention. This isn't always necessary, but it makes your spiritual bath actually work for you and help you manifest the things you wish for.
Then, source your ingredients that will help support the intention or your needs for your bath. Here are some common, easy to find magic ingredients that work great in spiritual baths:
Parsley for purification, love, and overall well being
Basil for relaxation, sweetness, happiness, love, and protection
Rue for protection, banishing negativity, and cleansing
Marjoram for sweetness, relief, love, and protection from sadness
Rose for calmness and love
Lavender for purification and relaxation
Jasmine for purification
Carnation for energy and protection
Frankincense for purification and divine connection
Chamomile for relaxation
Vetiver for grounding
Spices and Other -
Sea Salt for purification and cleansing
Citrus slices for energy
Cinnamon sticks for strength and courage
Honey for sweetness
We also offer a prepared herbal bath here at the Ritual+Vibe shop! This self love herbal bath can be used to boost confidence and attract love.
You May Also Like: Download the Oshunita Self Love Ritual Book
Simple Spiritual Baths: Two Ways
- Combine the flowers and sea salt in a airtight container.
- Add all essential oils to your salt mixture and stir. Add more essential oils to your taste.
- When ready to use, pour your soak into your bath, and soak for 20 minutes.
- Visualize the water supporting your intent of purification and groundedness.
Sweet Herbal Bath:
4 tablespoons of dried lavender
1/2 cup parsley
1/2 cup marjoram or basil
Slices from one orange
- Boil 3 cups of water
- Once boiling, add the flower, orange slices, and herbs to the water, and turn the heat to medium low. Lid the pot, and let the mixture brew and simmer for at least 15 minutes
- Remove from heat and let cool for at least 5 minutes
- Strain plant matter from the water, and add the tea directly to your bath water
- Soak for 20 minutes. Visualize the water supporting your intent of sweetness
If you’d like more herbal and spiritual bath recipes, download the #BookOfBaths ebook OUT NOW! It features 5 delicious DIY herbal bath recipes, including: recipes:
- Old Faithful Bitter Bath: a purifying, protective bitter bath to cleanse and reset
- Love Spell Bath: a sweetening blend of herbs for beauty and attraction
- Open Road Bath: a twist on the popular Abre Camino Santeria bath
- Divine Relaxation Bath: a bath that encourages connection with divinity
- Lucky Money Bath: an attraction bath to encourage prosperity and luck
How To Take a Spiritual Bath:
If you'd like, you can shower before bathing. Rinse our your tub, and fill your bath with warm water. Pour in bath salts, essential oils, bath tea, or herbs you've prepared and selected for your bath.
For easy cleanup, you can use a muslin bag if you are using herbs. I talk about that more here in this post.
If you're in the mood, pray and set your intentions while adding your ingredients. It could be something as simple as "I am blessing this water with roses with the intent of softening my view of myself and allowing my inner beauty shine through." Make it personal to what you need and what resonates with your spirit at the time. Say what feels right.
Then, lower yourself into the bath. Visualize the supercharged water, and the essence from all of your ingredients absorbing all of the energies that no longer serve you and transferring strength and support with your intent to you. If you are into crystals, crystals can also enhance this ritual. Just remember that some crystals may disintegrate and react in water, so add to crystals to the bath at your own risk.
Rise out of the bath after 20 minutes are up, and visualize the water going down the drain is taking away any energies that do not serve you. Oil your body up and continue to pamper yourself for up to 24 more hours. Repeat when necessary.
Get rid of all of the herbs and flowers left in the bathtub. Again, you can use one of the methods mentioned in this post to help with cleanup.
Spiritual baths are a supercharged, self-care necessity that should be included into your routine regularly. Some people will do these weekly or monthly, or annually. Find a schedule that fits you, and stick to it.