#IGRecipes - Alkaline Grape Soda
🍇 Alkaline Grape Soda Recipe 🍇
- 1 pound of muscadine grapes (or grapes of choice)
- 2 key limes or 1 seeded citrus choice
- 1 inch of ginger
- Sweetener to taste (optional)
- Sparkling water
- Juice your muscadine grapes, ginger, and key limes. If you don’t have a juicer, blend grapes + ginger + citrus together, and strain out juice with a cheesecloth or strainer.
- Stir in sweetener (optional!) and sparking water.
- Serve on top of ice & enjoy! So refreshing!
About Muscadine Grapes
Late summer is muscadine time in the south! 🍇
🍇 Muscadines are grapes native to the south, and some antioxidant and anti-inflammatory powerhouses! Muscadines have 6 times more Resveratrol than common grapes and are super high in manganese. Resveratrol helps prevent/repair cell damage and increase life span.
They are great fruit for the ♥️ by improving heart function, reducing cholesterol, preventing artery disease, and regulating blood pressure. The fiber in the grapes help maintain healthy digestion.
Never had muscadines? These are SUPER SWEET and juicy, with a tart, tough skin. Don’t let the skin scare you, though. When eating these grapes, eat the skin! Some of the best compounds of the grape can be found in the skin! They also will have seeds. They usually will be green or deep purple. The green ones are also called scuppernong.